Sunday, July 8, 2012

My wife’s surprise revealed before time


We all love surprises, some are pleasant while others are unpleasant. But surprises enable us to capture some beautiful expression of an individual, which can’t be seen normally. We plan for surprises keeping certain things as constant and evading uncertainties attached to it. Have you ever thought how an individual would feel, when surprise doesn’t go as planned? I have no idea about it as till date none of my surprises has been spoiled. Would like to share an incident here on, “how my wife’s surprise was revealed before time?”

My B’day is on 8th july, it was my first b’day post marriage. I had done my bit in advance, by booking a table for us, in one of the restaurants she has been willing to go for a long time. On 7th we went out for grocery shopping, after coming back had dinner and I went to bed. Saw my wife was busy reading a magazine, it was 11.30 pm then. After 10-15 mins she came to room. Suddenly realized I left my water bottle on the dining table. I got up to get it, the moment I touched the door to open it, my wife enquired the reason. I told her, left my water bottle outside, going to take it, she told “I will get it for you”. I told no its fine and came out of the room.

There I discovered the surprise which she had planned for me. On  dining table “a small cake, 2 neatly wrapped gifts and a burning candle”.  All I could do that time was to laugh loud and nothing else. Athira was telling – “I waited for 15 mins so that you can settle down but this water bottle, it spoiled my plan” . She was annoyed and I could see it. We headed towards to bedroom with my water bottle (surprise spoiler).
Lying on bed I was laughing like anything while she was cursing herself, as things didn’t go the way it was planned. We were waiting eagerly for the clock to strike 12 to cut the cake. At 12 Athira wished me and we headed towards the dining table for cutting the cake.  I cut the cake, gave her the first bite and then hogged on to gifts (I love gifts).

I know some where Athira was disturbed, as she was not able to surprise me the way it was planned. But its ok, you can’t be successful everytime.. Right 

She had surprised me beyond my expectation on valentine’s day. These are wonderful memories to be cherished upon.



No comments: