Monday, May 27, 2013

Finally was able to watch Mumbai Police


My wife wanted to watch “Mumbai Police”, she told me about it on Friday. I tried booking the tickets online but tickets were available only for the last shows. I was fine with it but my wife was reluctant to go for night show which would get over by 12 am. I called up a friend of mine who told me about a multiplex close to my house. I tried booking the ticket online but was not successful. Hence decided to reach their in person and take the ticket for the show.

This multiplex was about 6 km from my house but it was pretty difficult for me to locate the place as some construction work was going on near the place. With much struggle I was able to locate the multiplex. But our happiness was short lived when we came to know that tickets are available only for night show as evening show had begun an hour ago.  We checked the timings of the show for the next day and left the place. Show timings were for evening and night show.  We decided to go for evening show on Sunday.

Sunday we reached there for evening show to discover that show timings were changed and tickets are available only for night show.  We had lost our patience by now and wanted to watch the movie at any cost. Hence decided to watch the movie for night show. We came back home again reached the  multiplex at 8.45 pm. Before leaving home me and my wife we decided that looking at the audience presence we would decide whether to watch the movie or not. We wanted the participation of female audience for the show, otherwise it would have been pretty difficult for us.

Luckily good number of people turned out for the movie and we proceed towards the ticket counter. Got the ticket and went inside. Occupancy was less as it was the 4th week since the movie was released. Before the show could begin, a couple occupied seat in the row ahead of us with a small kid. We looked at each and said that’s it, even after struggling so much we may not be able to watch the movie if the child screams in between, which was unavoidable.  Show started and ended on time.  The movie was good, I liked it and the child didn’t cry during the show. Seems like has been trained for it.

The movie got over by 12am and we out of the theatre. I took my bike out of the parking lot. There was hardly anybody on the streets except the audience from the movie which just got over. The drive back home was awesome, the road was clear with no vehicles and signals stopping us unusual thing seen in Bangalore. It was bit cold as well and we reached home in just 10 mins while going for the movie it took us 25 mins. But we enjoyed the drive and the movie, wanted to prolong the drive a bit but decided to do next time.

I know I took a hard decision to go for a night show on a Sunday, with Monday being a hectic day at work. But I feel it was worth it and am planning to watch more movies during night shows. 


No comments: