Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Unconditional love of parents

Nothing can replace the love of parents towards their kids in this world. Parents are the only people in the world who love their kids without any return. They take pain for their children with smiles which can’t be seen in other relationship. Seems like am also getting it, post attaining parenthood.

I have been travelling all alone since I came to Bangalore for higher studies. Mode of transport depends upon the availability of tickets. I prefer to travel by train but availability of tickets is a big issue. Because plans are made in very short span of time and the only option available then are bus, which has great connectivity.

For this vacation I was lucky to get train tickets to and fro. The moment I board train, worry meter of my parents are on alert. If I don’t call them, they will call me to check whether I have boarded the train or not? Till I reach home keep getting calls from them, about my whereabouts. To avoid some calls, I ask my dad to come and pick me from station.  But while coming back my dad will drop me to station and wait till train/ bus moves.

This time was also no different dad came to see me off at the railway station but just before the arrival of train dad made a statement which touched me, “If anyone offers you tea, coffee or biscuits, just refuse them. You want anything to eat or drink buy it yourself.” Dad knows I have been travelling all alone for quite some time and may be aware about these things but still he wanted to tell me.

This clearly shows his love towards and the fear which he has in his heart when he is sending me off. More than love it was his fear of my well-being that prompted him to say it to me.  I just loved it.


Fear is a form of love but the way dad hid his fear to instill courage and sensibility to face certain situation in me was amazing

No comments: