Saturday, June 29, 2013

Should we entertain calls offering Bank Loan?



Most of us keep getting calls from various banks for different kind of loans be it “car, house or personal loan”. When we ask about the formalities for getting the loan, they tell  PAN card, address proof, photos and letter from your current organization. But when we apply for loan, we realize that whatever was communicated to us through phone and what we are asked to produce are different things all together. Here is a small story about a leading pvt bank in India

I applied for a loan and within minutes received confirmation that loan has been approved. I was very happy, reason being my association with the bank is 6yrs old. Till date I never had any issues with the bank. But the real shock was about to come for me. Next day bank representative came to me for collecting the documents and get my signature in the loan form.  I was about to sign the form when he told me that rental agreement can’t be accepted and some other proof need to be submitted. 

I offered him Voter ID cars, Aadhar card and he said no as these are not from Bangalore so can’t accept it but they contained my permanent address. I was like “am I dealing with a bunch of idiots?” I can change my rental address anytime but not permanent address. I tried to justify my stand but he was not willing to listen to me. He didn’t even try to call his superiors back in bank to find a way out. Finally I showed him the way out.

His attitude was “if want to take the loan else move off” but when we go the branch of this said bank you are floored by their humbleness and supportive nature. Bank representative was not able to satisfy my queries about the loan term and conditions. His only motive was get the signature and keep moving.

My friend also faced the similar problem with the same bank, she applied for a loan for 3 yrs but she finished the loan amount in an year’s time, when she requested the bank to give her an NOC. She had a tough time with the bank to procure it. She was so frustrated with the bank that she closed the account with the bank and has decided not to have relation with the bank.

Few questions to the banks offering loan

  •   If you have so many issues with rented residents then why do you target them? Provide loans only to permanent residents 
  •  Aadhar card is accepted throughout India, which even has our finger print and permanent address, these banks are operating in India but they are not willing to abide Indian’s UIN 
  •  Banks are not providing loans free of cost, they charge interest on it, that’s the way how they survive, then why this who cares attitude? 
  •  Customers have number of option to take loan but do banks have so many customers and funds with them that they can afford to send off any customer
  • Loans are a win- win situation for both bank and individuals then why this attitude?

No comments: