Thursday, July 17, 2008

Government offices an apathy


Today I went to an insurance company to insure my bike, had terrible experince their. Office working hours are 10 a.m - 5.45 p.m(monday - friday) saturdays and sundays are holidays. Seems like a software company when we read their timing chart but its not so. I reached their at 10 a.m sharp, as I had to come to office also after finishing my work their. It was 10.10 when people started coming in. First they did after coming to office was to sigh the attendence register instead of looking after the people who have gathered inside office. Luckily for me the lady who was suppose to look after my vechile's insurance was at her desk by 10.15 a.m and when I approached her she asked me to fill in few form and wait for some time.

It was then when I took a view of whole office clock was ticking 10.30 a.m, office still had a desrted look. Most of the desk was empty although office timing had began long back. Manger was in his cabin but his employees were yet to report to work. Their were few people whose work could be completed on time due to absence of the employees in the office. I was wondering had been a pvt organization. By 10 a.m sharp all employees would have been on desk work would have resumed long back.
May be that the reason why pvt companies are doing better job in comaprison to govt companies. Every body who was present their was telling the same thing as most of them were either working in pvt firms or had seen the way how they work.

I had to make a draft the other day I went to ICICI bank at around 7.30 p.m and by 7.55 p.m they had handed me the draft. It really made me think had about their work culture and their dedication to their work. Had I been to govt bank it would have taken full day for me, which I had experienced couple of time.

I feel that the reason why government empolyees are opposing privitization. The day government office are privitised, they will improve their wqrking standard and add value not only to the government but also to the masses.

No comments: