Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Transition from bachelor to married life


Life changes a lot post marriage and people take time to accept it. Change is inevitable for both guys and girls but they the how it effect individuals vary. We need to accept the fact and move on than staying back and thinking about our past days.

Same happened with me when I attended my first party post marriage, it was the ”first birthday party” of a kid. I went there with my wife and brother in law. All one could see there was, small kids playing around, some sleeping in their parent’s shoulder, while others were crying. Couldn’t believe it was me there. It took some 30mins for me to accept the fact and come to terms with reality.

I hardly knew anyone there, since it was my brother in law’s friend’s party. All grown up guys with their wives, and kids around. I prefer to stand at one corner with my wife and see how things are moving about. Once the cake was cut I started feeling better and then started enjoying with the people around.

We left part by 10pm since it was getting late for everyone, despite it being Saturday. Usually people tend to party late on Saturday’s since Sunday is a holiday for all.

Once back home, was thinking about the change marriage brought to my life. Earlier weekends were meant only to be meant with my gang of friends, going out for long drives at night. Chatting with friends till late at night, watching movies, having dinner at 1 in the morning, fighting for space to sleep.

The type of parties attended during bachelor’s time friends b’days party, night life at pubs. One could enjoy a lot at such places with friends out there, indulge in small mischief’s without harming anyone. We used to leave party when everyone else has left the venue, no matter how much late it is.

Now can’t attend parties without my soul mate and need to leave party before it gets too late. Even while at party need to take care of wife and ensure that she is comfortable being there. "Earlier the life which was meant only for friends and fun has now been replaced by sense of responsibility towards my life partner. Friends will still be their but personal life will come first rest secondary".

No comments: